Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Kids Daily Bread!

I want to raise my kids to know God. To know that they should go to him first before ANYONE else. To know that he is our saviour, our physician, our comfort, our peace!

I have decided to make sure that EVERY morning after breakfast I sit down with my kids to read and discuss something from the Bible with them and have a prayer time. We always say our "night" prayers, but I'm ashamed to admit there are days we don't always pray first thing in the morning. That's going to change! We are starting with the Ten Commandments and will do one a day until we finish and we'll see what He leads us to do after that.

Today's Commandment is : Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (Exodus 20:3 KJV)

Kids are so sweet and sincere. I thought it would be nice to ask them if they had something special to pray for at prayer time.

There request today where:
Kaitlyn: here Nana's feet
Lilah: her Princess Celesta Pony that the batteries won't give out
Rachel: Didn't have anything, but we prayed for her to be calm and listen at church.

No matter how silly we think some prayer request might be we know God is capable of ANYTHING!

Here are some pictures of the kids coloring their page that goes along with todays lesson. Lord willing I can keep this up everyday and post about what we discuss and their special prayer request!




No comments:

Post a Comment