Friday, July 6, 2012

The 3rd Commandment

Well, today got off to a rough start and somehow the TV got turned on before we could do our Bible lesson. Needless to say it was harder to get them to pay attention!! But we finally got the 3rd commandment read straight from the KJV Bible and then I gave them examples of things that were considered breaking the commandment.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.  Exodus 20:7 KJV

One thing I'm bad about is spitting out "Oh my God" without even thinking about it. I've noticed the kids doing it to so I've tried to make a bigger effort to say "oh my gosh" or something else. I just explained to them that we should really just use his name when we are telling someone about him or talking to him.

Prayer request for today were:
Lilah: Wanted to pray for Rachel
Rachel: didn't have anything so we prayer for her to have an easy time getting her cavities filled Monday.
Kaitlyn is still at her Mom's but we did pray for God to watch over and keep her safe.







Rachel is probably thinking "this girl likes to take pictures way to much" 

No comments:

Post a Comment